- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.ca/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.JOLPbG90.dpuf my beauty full adventure - do not use: NOTD: Dark Knight Dupe??

Friday, July 6, 2012

NOTD: Dark Knight Dupe??

A few weeks ago I read a post on Provincial Beauty Blog showing an affordable drug-store dupe for Butter Londons Dark Knight polish. While shopping in the states I picked up the two Sally Hansen polished she mentioned and gave it a try today.

Since I don't own Dark Knight I found a picture online for comparison. It is a really close dupe. I think that the Sally Hansen duo provides more glitter coverage on the nail compared to Dark Knight. Dark Knight has the pink, blue, red, gold glitter mixed throughout, whereas, my dupe has a layer of glitter on top of the black polish.

Overall though, I think that my dupe mani turned out pretty close and I am very happy with it. I love how the light hits the glitter and how the black polish makes the glitter pop.

Check out Provincial Beauty's post and blog, she is incredible. And if you know anymore dupes for Butter London polishes let me know in the comments, because I really cant afford $18 per polish.

Polishes used:
No Name Base Coat - 1 coat
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Black Out - 1 coat
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Rockstar Pink - 1 coat
Seche Vite Top Coat - 1 coat

Photo from Provincial Beauty to show comparison of polish bottles.

Photo from Adventures of a Mad Scientist.
The glitter in this polish is more evenly distributed throughout and gives it more dimension.

Mine looks more like a layer of glitter.





4 comments:

  1. Your's looks pretty darn close though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, your nails are like the coolest thing i've seen all day. i love this!
    i'm terrible at painting my nails, and i'm really too damn lazy to try. ha ha!

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting and glad you like them. I checked out your blog and love your DIY posts

      Delete