- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.ca/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.JOLPbG90.dpuf my beauty full adventure - do not use: Review of June Luxe Box from Loose Button

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Review of June Luxe Box from Loose Button



I have always been a fan of samples and the try-before-you-buy approach, especially when it comes to the more expensive products in the beauty world. When I first started looking into these sample box services I heard about Birch Box, but unfortunately they don't ship all the up here in Canada. After some research I discovered Luxe Box by Loose Button.

Essentially, this Luxe Box is a beauty product sampling service. When I signed up I paid $9.99+tax per month with free shipping. Now that they have gone public prices are:
  • $12 plus tax per month (free shipping)
  • $36 plus tax for 3 months (free shipping)
  • $120 plus tax for 12 months (free shipping) *This package awards you with 2 months of Luxe Box for free, as well as, first in line when they ship out.
Each Luxe Box comes with 3-5 deluxe beauty samples from high end brands like principessa, Elizabeth Grant, Benefit, Laura Mercier, China Glaze, Dermalogica, etc! Deluxe samples are bigger then the one or two time uses we are used to from beauty counters. Every box is different, so it is always a surprise. It's like a present every month!!


Each month you get a personalized note thanking you for being a part of Luxe Box, and it also talks about the products in your box. The card shows the products, with a description of them, how to use them, and the price of the full-size product.


This month I got 3 products. A full size Laura Mercier eye shadow in the colour Sandstone, a 13g sample of Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant, and a mini sized China Glaze Nail Polish in Code Orange.

  1. Laura Mercier Eye Shadow in Sandstone - Sateen, with its blend of pigment and pearl, has a creamy, powder texture that creates a lightweight, supple feel on the skin. Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour is a lightweight eye shadow with a creamy powder texture that provides an immediate release of intense luminous colour with superior blending for a long-wearing, crease-resistant application.
  2. Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant - This unique Rice-based enzyme powder microfoliates dulling debris and instantly leaves skin noticeably smoother and brighter. Contains no artificial fragrance or color. Dispense about a half-teaspoon of Daily Microfoliant® into very wet hands and create a creamy paste by rubbing hands together. Apply to face in circular motions, avoiding the eye area. Massage gently for one minute, then rinse thoroughly.
  3. China Glaze Nail Polish in Code Orange - China Glaze is a professional-level nail enamel made with a special balance of polymers and resins that combine to create a nail lacquer that is long lasting, chip-resistant and resistant to color and shine fading. Will not thicken in the bottle, no thinners necessary. I was skeptical at first about this colour but now that I have been wearing it for a few days I am in LOVE! It is the perfect orange for spring/summer.  

Already I think I have gotten my monies worth seeing as the Eye Shadow retails for $22. I am extremely pleased with this service so far and cant wait to see what the July Luxe Box holds.

Another aspect of this company I am loving is the Customer Service. They take time to answer your questions both by email and on their Facebook page. I have never dealt with a company so new like Luxe Box is with such awesome Customer Service!

If you are a beauty junkie like me, or just looking to try some new undiscovered products I would definitely recommend Loose Button and Luxe Box.


1 comment: