- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.ca/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.JOLPbG90.dpuf my beauty full adventure - do not use: September 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag Review

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

September 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag Review

Of all the beauty box subscriptions I've tried, Ipsy has been my favourite. They consistently impress me, and supply me with new and interesting products to try. I also enjoy the size of the samples that Ipsy gives to its subscribers. I can really get a sense if I am going to like the product enough to buy the full size. If you would like to sign up for your own Ipsy bag you can do so by clicking here. If you sign up for Ipsy you will receive a mix of 5 full and sample size products, for only $10USD or $14.95CDN.

In September, we received 5 items plus a bonus sample of Michelle's new EM Cosmetics line. The sample of the palette provided us with enough to get one eye look, but I don't think it will give me a true inspiration of the quality of her products. I actually forgot to take a picture of it for this post. There isn't a lot of product on the card or I would have swatched them.

Freeman Paper Masks

I've really been into masks lately, so I was excited to see these in my bag. I get to try 3 different masks, which is nice because a mask that works for one person doesn't always work for someone else. The brightening mask looks the most intriguing, but unfortunately I am allergic to roses so I wont be able to try it. Right now my skin is so dry so I think that it will benefit greatly from the Blue Agave mask. These masks are fairly affordable so If I end up liking them I wont have to break the bank.

Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Mascara

The last few mascara samples I've gotten from Ipsy have been truly disappointing. The Pixi one was so bad and hard to wash off that I lost at least 5 lashes per eye every time I used it. This mascara on the other hand is simply amazing. It has dark black colour payoff that really makes my lashes look fuller, and makes them pop against my makeup. This mascara lengthens more than volumizes, and I am left with a natural, yet defined, fan of lashes. I would definitely consider buying the full size.

Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in Big Apple

I was so happy to receive this product because I absolutely loved the Cailyn eyeliner I got a few bags ago. Although the packaging is a little bulky, it is perfect for on the go, as it has a built in brush in the lid. I feel like this product is more of a stain then a balm. I found it somewhat drying on the lips, but it was extremely long lasting, and left a pretty pigmented stain to my lips after it wore away. The size of the brush comes in handy when trying to get a precise application. I can't wait to rock this colour all the way through Fall and Winter.

NYX Single Eyeshadow in Hot Crystal

I was looking forward to trying a NYX single eyeshadow because I've only ever used NYX palettes before, and I'm sure there is a quality variance. Although I am not happy with the colour I received, it does work well as a lid colour or inner eye highlight. Hot Crystal is a glittery, frosty, white shadow. I wont get much use out of this colour, but I now know that the quality of these shadows are much better then the shadows in NYX's palettes.

Starlooks Eyeliner in Obsidian

At first I was a little iffy about the quality of this liner. When I first swatched it (you will see below), there wasn't a lot of pigmentation. It took about 5 swipes to get the swatch that I did. However, after sharpening it slightly, it is like a completely different pencil. It is super pigmented, and creamy, and blends beautifully. The only downside is that because it is so creamy you need to set it with some black eyeshadow or it is smudge city on you eyelids. I'm really thinking of signing up for Starlooks Starbox based off this pencil alone.
Obsidian, Hot Crystal, Big Apple

Overall, I definitely think that the value is there with September's bag. I am happy with almost everything I received and cant wait to try other products from the brands that I received. Ipsy succeeded this month in delivering new and exciting products. Stay tuned for my October unboxing/review next week. I am trying to get caught up in time for Novembers box.

No comments:

Post a Comment