- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.ca/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.JOLPbG90.dpuf my beauty full adventure - do not use: January 2014 Empties

Sunday, February 23, 2014

January 2014 Empties

One of my New Year's resolutions is to decrease my Beauty Inventory by at least 50%. Having 800+ products is not manageable, practical, or affordable. To do this I am trying really hard to use up my sample and deluxe sample products first, because they take less time to use up. As a way to keep myself focused on this goal I have attached a few other resolutions to it. Every month I am going to write an Empties post. This makes sure I will actually use products, and it will get me reviewing more. Also, the more products I use, the more money that will go into my "beauty bank", and this money can be used towards new beauty purchases.

Now onto my January Empties.

Clarins Super Restorative Replenishing Comfort Mask

There was enough in this sample for one use. I found that it hydrated my skin, but I didn't notice any miraculous results. Repurchase: No

The Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash

I bought the sample size of this cleanser to try before committing to a full size. When used with the complete seaweed system I found my skin clean, clear, and less oily. It didn't cause me to break out and it wasn't too drying. Repurchase: Yes

Mario Badescu Strawberry Tonic Mask

I quite enjoy when I receive this mask sample. My skin always feels extra clean after using it, but not like all of the essential oils have been stripped away. It also helps with oil control. Repurchase: Yes

Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Treatment Mask

It's hard to tell by a one-time mask if it is going to do wonders. I had a hard time getting it to fit my face. My skin felt moisturized after, but I saw no major effects. Repurchase: No

Biore Pore Strip

I like to use these pore strips every once in a while when I feel like my pores are getting extra congested. I may use them once a month. They do a good job at clearing out my pores. It's always so gross seeing what comes out of my pores with these. Repurchase: Yes

La Fresh Oil-Free Face Cleanser Wipes

I wasn't a huge fan of these makeup remover wipes. I found them to be thin, and too small to cleanse my entire face. They also were not saturated with enough product. Eyeliner had to be scrubbed off and it felt like I was scratching my skin. I did enjoy the pomegranate scent though. Repurchase: No

Delon Exfoliating Cotton Rounds

I don't normally review/include these in empties posts because I am always going through them. These are my go to cotton rounds. I buy them in bulk at Costco and they work great. The soft side is good for removing eye makeup, and the exfoliating side is good when using toner. I go through about a pack a month. Repurchase: Yes

Bourjois Paris Volume Max Mascara

I loved this mascara! It both lengthened and voluminized my lashes, with no flaking or raccoon circles throughout the day. It also held a curl really well. Repurchase: Yes

MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder in Light Plus

Did I like this powder? Yes. Did I love it? No. It gave pretty good coverage, and it worked well at setting my foundation. I just wish it did more for oil control. Repurchase: No

4 comments:

  1. amazing job finishing a face powder! that's awesome and now you can back to mac it :) I am also trying to focus on using up what i have, i should have a month of samples or something at one point just to feel like i accomplished more, full size products take forever!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of masks! They're so fun to try. Way to go on finishing a face powder. Those things last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list of empties! I started doing empties post for the same reason, it helps get the stash down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Biore pore strips. I feel so accomplished when all that gunk is sucked out of my pores!

    ReplyDelete