- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.ca/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.JOLPbG90.dpuf my beauty full adventure - do not use: August Luxe Box

Monday, August 15, 2011

August Luxe Box



It's August Luxe Box time!!! After last months kinda disappointing Luxe Box I wasn't going to renew when my subscription was up this month. This box changed my mind!!! I love every single product in it!
If you still don't know what Luxe Box or Loose Button is then see my June and July blog posts to find out more. Or visit their website and/or Facebook Page.



Product Card and Personalized Letter.

This month's products.


Product Breakdown


Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup – 0.15oz.

Sample Value - $16.61
Full-Size Retail Value - $31 for .28oz.
On the Card – Skip the mess and go pressed with Pur Minerals' award-winning foundation, powder, concealer, and SPF 15. Supercharged with Shea butter and vitamin E, this nourishing pressed mineral formula is your way to flawless-looking skin in 60 seconds or less.
My Thoughts - I was so excited to get this product. It is my perfect colour. I used it as a setting powder for my foundation and it gave me a perfect air brushed finish. I tried using it on its own without foundation underneath and I didn't really like the coverage it gave me.


Lip Plumping Treatment – City Lips by City Cosmetics – 0.5ml

Sample Value - $3.50
Full-Size Retail Value - $35 for 5ml

On the Card – The award-winning formula in City Lips includes Oligopeptide technology to increase collagen production in your lips, resulting in greater lip volume and a decrease in wrinkles and lines in and around the lips. Get extraordinary results and a luxury lip gloss all in one!
My Thoughts - I have to say that this product was the disappointment of this month's box. Although there isn't a smell, the taste you get on your lips reminds me of crayons and burnt plastic. The texture is horrible, it is extremely sticky and just downright gross. I put it on my bare lips and did not get any plumping at all. It really did and does nothing for me.


Proclaim Cocoa Butter Hand & Body Lotion - 3oz

Sample Value - $0.75
Full-Size Retail Value - $8 for 32 oz.  

On the Card – Proclaim Hand & Body lotion moisturizes dry, irritated skin while protecting from sun, wind, and water. It restores lost moisture and soothes dry, tight skin. Leaves skin feeling smooth and soft without feeling greasy.
My Thoughts -  I fell in love with the Proclaim hair treatment I got last month so I was very excited to see another Proclaim product this month. This hand lotion smells incredible... like vanilla and hot chocolate. The formula is very light but hydrating. It says it is a non-greasy lotion, however, unless you really give it time to sink into your skin it can be a little greasy. 


Calvin Klein Forbidden Euphoria Fragrance - 3ml

Sample Value - $4.68
Full-Size Retail Value - $78 for 50ml or $102 for 100ml

On the Card – Mysteriously sophisticated. Innocently seductive. Coveted, yet forbidden, this fragrance is the younger interpretation of the iconic euphoria fragrance. It evokes a modern, fresh sexiness with a mysterious twist.
My Thoughts - I really like that this sample it a roller ball instead of the spritzer that I got last month. I have been loving all the perfume samples lately. It has been giving me a chance to try out some new fragrances without shelling out 50 or 60 dollars to do it. The smell of this perfume is strong but in a good way. It is very citrusy, and fresh with a slight undertone of musk. I find it a little strong when you first put it on, but once it has time to mix with your bodies natural chemistry it smells a little nicer. I may have to wear this a few times to decide if I really like it.


Sheyna Handmade Earrings – 1 pair

Value - $18

On the Card – Sheyna has been featured on Oprah's blog, and you can read more about their unique story at www.sheyna.com.
My Thoughts – These are the cutest earrings ever! I love that they are dainty but noticeable. I really like how Loose Button included these instead of the chocolate. Wish I could have earrings every month instead of the chocolate. After checking out Sheyna's website I would be super excited to custom design earrings with them.

What I paid for this month's Luxe Box - $11.30 CDN
Value of this month's Luxe Box - $49.20 (roughly)


Disclaimer – All the products mentioned in this blog were purchased with my on money. All opinions and thoughts are honest and my own. Neither Luxe Box or any other company mentioned are compensating me for this review and blog.











No comments:

Post a Comment