- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.ca/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.JOLPbG90.dpuf my beauty full adventure - do not use: Influenster #MysteryBrand Revealed! Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Influenster #MysteryBrand Revealed! Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser

A week ago I posted about Influenster's most recent Canadian Campaign: The L'Oreal Mystery Brand VoxBox. If you would like to see that first impressions post click here. 

Based on product smell and some Google sleuthing, I had guessed that the mystery product was going to be Garnier's new Damage Eraser line. Yesterday, a big white box showed up in the mail which confirmed that I was correct in my guessing. Inside the box was the complete, full-size line of Garnier Damage Eraser products. The line includes: fortifying shampoo, fortifying conditioner, split ends bandage serum, and strength reconstructing butter.

This line boasts that it is great for dry, damaged hair, which is exactly what I have. However, my hair also gets extremely oily, extremely quickly at the scalp. I like to say I have combination hair. Read below to learn more about this line, and my thoughts on each of the products.

Fortifying Shampoo

"Want to bring back strength, vitality & shine to damaged hair? Reconstruct hair's strength for strong hair that looks rejuvenated. The formula contains Phyto-Keratin complex, with plant-based proteins and active fruit concentrate, and cupuacu butter, with natural lipids. It works in two ways to strengthen and rejuvenate the look of hair."

This shampoo smells amazing, the whole line does! It lathers quite well, and my hair feels clean once I rinse it out, but not dried out. Although it is a good shampoo, it is nothing miraculous. I get similar results from Herbal Essences and other drugstore shampoos.

Fortifying Conditioner

"Want to bring back strength, vitality & shine to damaged hair? Reconstruct hair's strength for strong hair that looks rejuvenated. The formula contains Phyto-Keratin complex, with plant-based proteins and active fruit concentrate, and cupuacu butter, with natural lipids. It works in two ways to strengthen and rejuvenate the look of hair."

The real magic happens with this conditioner. It has quite a thicker consistency than most other drugstore conditioners, and works well at replenishing the moisture that my dry, damaged hair needs. I use this only on the ends of my hair. It rinses out easily, and leaves my hair feeling soft, manageable, and tangle free.


Split Ends Bandage Serum

"Formulated with Phyto-Keratin complex and cupuacu butter, each drop helps prevent split ends and reconstructs and preserves hair's strength. Apply on towel-dried hair to fragile or damaged areas. Do not rinse out."

This has been the magic step for me within this line. Once I am out of the shower, I brush through my hair, ring out any excess water, and apply a nickel to quarter sized amount to the ends of my hair. I find this serum is too moisturizing to use on my whole head. My hair dries, and I am left with soft, shiny, frizz-free hair. Most days I don't style my hair, but it looks great with this product so I don't have too. When I straighten my hair I have less fly-aways and frizz.

Strength Reconstructing Butter

"This rich, indulgent butter is designed to intensely reconstruct hair's strength for strong, rejuvenated and shiny-looking hair. After shampooing, apply to wet hair from root to tip. Leave on for 3 to 5 minutes. Rinse."

This was a surprise item in the box, as we hadn't previously received a sample of this product. I am not normally a fan/user of hair masks, because I am too lazy to take the time. However, I am willing to try anything to hep with frizz, so I am going to be using this during my next spa day routine. I will report back with my thoughts once I have used this product.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with this Influenster Campaign, and I'm so excited to bring life back to my hair with these products. If you would like to sign up for Influenster, for a chance to be part of the next Campaign, then email me at mybeautyfulladventure@hotmail.com and I will send you an invite.



6 comments:

  1. I love your posts! Extremely informative! Especially your ipsy posts… I always wanted to subscribe but I haven't, so I like reading about them haha. Please check out my blog if you have the time :) I'd appreciate it!

    Thanks,
    Angie
    fshnfrdm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Angelina! I'm so glad you enjoy my posts! I'm heading over to your blog now! If you have ever been interested in ipsy I say sign up! Since your in the USA it's only $10 for you! If you do decide to sign up I would love if you would use my referral link. It's located on the right sidebar or in any of my ipsy reviews!
      Have a beauty full day!
      :) Chelsey

      Delete
    2. If I decide to sign up, I'll definitely use the referral! :) Thanks for checking out my blog too! You're awesome <3 can't wait for your upcoming posts!!

      Delete
  2. I haven't gotten my final box but I did do a first impressions with this as well and it just didn't work great for my curly hair. Perhaps I will try just applying it to my ends as well? I can definitely use moisture but this left my hair frizzy. I LOVE hair masks though so I'm excited that's a part of this set!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the conditioner and serum too heavy for at my roots. I tried it once and was so greasy the next day that not even copious amounts of dry shampoo could save me.

      Delete
  3. I am still waiting on my full size Garnier stuff to arrive (which is weird since I live about 30 min away from where they mailed it from). My hair is so soft and shiny after using this stuff for a week. Yay Garnier!

    ReplyDelete