I tried out the recipe myself, substituting honey for the oil, and I was really impressed. Besides the smell (I learned that I hate tomatoes on my face), this mask left my skin feeling smooth, and looking great. I would definitely try it again in the future.
What are your thoughts on DIY skincare? Leave me a comment with your thoughts below.
Get Fresh Skin This Canada Day!
Are you looking for a fresh, new skin treatment? Does your skin need a little brightening without using harsh chemicals? Does your skin feel dull and rough? Do you need that energizing summer glow to get your Canada Day holiday started. Make your skin as sparkling as the firework-dotted sky with an all-natural skin mask that is made from ingredients that are good for your body. You can eat everything that goes into this fresh, raw skin mask, and you can make just enough for one face or several. Hold a girl's night at your house, and celebrate the holiday with this natural face mask recipe. Just in time for Canada Day! The below recipe is inspired by the experts of Skana Spa part of New York resort, Turning Stone:
Red & White Skin Brightening Face Mask
10 raspberries, more or less
1/4 of a fresh tomato
1 teaspoon of apricot kernel oil
2 drops of sweet orange essential oil (optional)
- First, put all of the fruit into a blender and pulse the blender for about 10 seconds. You want the fruit to blend smoothly and the chunks to disappear.
- Then, pour the mixture into a small bowl. Add the apricot kernel and the sweet orange oil. Stir the mixture together until all the ingredients are mixed.
- Place a warm wash cloth on your skin to open your pores. Leave the wash cloth on for about 30 seconds.
- Next, put the face mask on your skin and let it set for twenty minutes.
- Wash off the mask with cool water, and follow with your favourite moisturizer.
With regular use, you will begin to see your skin brighten naturally. This is an all-natural recipe, so you can feel good about putting healthy ingredients on your skin instead of chemicals. The combination of raspberries and tomatoes give your skin a healthy dose of antioxidants that help to reduce fine lines and inflammation. Raspberries and tomatoes also are super fruits that are high in Vitamin C and boost collagen formation. They protect your cells as well. In addition, tomatoes have the anti-inflammatory antioxidant lycopene, which reduces skin redness and blotchiness with regular use. Tomatoes also naturally remove dirt and oil from your skin.